    SubjectRe: The VFS cache is not freed when there is not enough free memory to allocate
    On 11/22/06, Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@chello.nl> wrote:

    > Mel's patches alone aren't quite enough, you also need some reclaim
    > modifications, I'll ping Andy to see how far he's on that.

    I think so. A quick look at Mei's patch, I found the patch can't help our case.
    The current situation is that the application need 8 M memory, but
    ther is only 5M free memory, cached memory eat almost 40Mbyte. When
    the application is requesting the memory, kernel just report failure,
    not attempt to release the VFS cache and try it again.
    ==============================
    root:/mnt> cat /proc/meminfo
    MemTotal: 54196 kB
    MemFree: 5520 kB <== only 5M free