SubjectRe: 2.6.19-rc3: more DWARFs and strange messages
On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 09:37:58AM +0000, Jan Beulich wrote:
> >what is a reasonable kstack parameter to be informative for you?
>
> This unfortunately depends on the depth of the stack that is in use
> at the point the dump is taken. The only safe value would be to
> dump the full stack size (kstack=1024 for 4k stack, kstack=2048
> for 8k ones), but since it'll stop at a stack boundary perhaps that's
> what you should go with.
>
> As to Andi's remark regarding WARN_ON() - you'd have to address
> that issue in a private patch first, or the addition of the kstack=
> parameter will be useless. I presume it's likely you don't have the
> time to do that...

well...
to be honest, I need my computer to work during usual daily business
at the moment I can afford to do a compile and test a new kernel once a day,
but if it introduces instabilities that make my computer unusable for
productive work (which means programming, running heavy java applications
and and TeXing) I can't run it for more than a few minutes.

I started a bisection last weekend but had to give up after three
compile-reboot cycles.

so, please don't expect too much, but I will do my best to help

gruss
mlo
--
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Lorenz

They that can give up essential liberty
to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

please encrypt your mail to me
GnuPG key-ID: F1AAD37D
get it here:
http://blackhole.pca.dfn.de:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF1AAD37D

ICQ UIN: 33588107

  Last update: 2006-11-02 10:55    [W:0.062 / U:1.412 seconds]