    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] kvm howto
    Magnus Damm wrote:
    >> You need a newer binutils. I'm using binutils- (gotta love
    >> that version number), shipped with Fedora Core 5.
    > The VT-extensions added by Intel and AMD only adds a limited number of
    > instructions each. If you want to be user friendly it might be a good
    > idea to implement these instructions as macros. I'm pretty sure
    > VT-extension support in Xen works with my old binutils version.

    Yes, Xen uses macros.

    I figured a newish machine will have a newish binutils. Looks like I
    was wrong. I don't like uglifying the code, but if many users hit this,
    there won't be much of a choice.

    [A minor problem with macros is that you can't let gcc choose the
    registers for you with instructions that have operands]

      Last update: 2006-11-02 16:21    [W:0.019 / U:1.148 seconds]