    Subjectnewsreaders (Re: Looking for recent lkml email)
    From
    Hallo, Pete.

    On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 10:44:20PM -0800, Pete Zaitcev wrote:
    []
    > The good news reader might be a problem. In fact, I'm currently looking
    > for one. Criteria:
    > - GUI with support for X clipboard (not just selections)
    > - Ability to bounce to myself
    >
    > I use Pan, but it cannot bounce articles. It only saves them, so I have
    > to find them (it uses Message-ID for name), open in vi, add "From xxx"
    > on top, then do the "Import External mbox" dance in my mailreader.
    > In previous Pan the useful trick was to "print" article, and specfy
    > your lpr to be a scrip which called sendmail. But they took it away.

    The slrn newsreader is text console, so x-terminal+mouse to use X
    clipboard.

    If you want to bounce message, in slrn there are 2 options:
    ,--
    | F Forward the current article to someone (via email).
    | ESC 1 F Forward the current article (including all headers).
    `--
    Tested, works.

    Sending is difficult (for a while):
    slrn converts "Cc" header to "To", when it sends copies by SMTP, and
    removes it from NNTP postings. I've used "Mail-Follow-Up" header, but
    now i want to patch slrn with better lkml + gmane.org support (:.

    --[OT]--
    slrn + gmane.org is a miracle, that enables lkml (and many others MLs)
    for me.

    BTW. On you web site i've read historical lkml messages, like Linus'
    moving from Transmeta, and i saw, that you had news<->lkml bridge.
    ____

      Last update: 2006-11-17 08:25    [W:0.022 / U:30.884 seconds]