SubjectRe: locking sectors of raw disk (raw read-write test of mounted disk)
On 11/15/06, Phillip Susi <psusi@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> No, you can not tamper with the underlying data while the kernel has it
> mounted.
I don't want to tamper wuith data. I want to raw write back exacty
same raw data that I read in. I only want to make sure that kernel
doesn't write modified data between in between my read-write pair.

Yakov

> Yakov Lerner wrote:
> > I'd like to make read-write test of the raw disk, and disk has
> > mounted partitions. Is it possible to lock range of sectors
> > of the raw device so that any kernel code that wants to write
> > to this range will sleep ? (so that test
> > { lock range; read /dev/hda->buf; write buf->/dev/hda; unlock }
> > won't corrupt the filesysyem ?)
> >
> > Thanks
> > Yakov

  Last update: 2006-11-16 11:19    [W:0.051 / U:0.464 seconds]