    SubjectRe: When is the kernel moving to GPLv3? (probably feeding a troll :)
    Lennart Sorensen wrote:

    >The "consensus" seems to be: The kernel is currently GPLv2 (and nothing
    >else) and changing that is almost an imposible task, and the majority of
    >the major active contributers also don't seem interested in considering
    >the GPLv3 in its current form. It really seems to be that simple.
    >Some people claim Novell's "Deal" isn't even permitted under the GPLv2,
    >or that the "Deal" has no meaning or purpose at all.

    There exists sufficient precedence and case law to assert this position
    as accurate. It would take
    a patent infringement case where GPL code was being distributed to
    establish it as a matter of law.
    I can guarantee Novell and M$ will avoid any such suit for that very reason.

    It may all be moot and not really matter, other than for FUD factor by

    >Len Sorensen

      Last update: 2006-11-16 17:07    [W:0.019 / U:8.152 seconds]