    SubjectRe: Fwd: Re: [linux-usb-devel] usb initialization order (usbhid vs. appletouch)
    On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 15:05 -0500, Joseph Fannin wrote:
    > On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 01:43:31PM +0100, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:

    > > > The appletouch driver doesn't work properly on the MacBook
    > > > (non-Pro). It claims the device, and sort of functions, but is
    > > > basically unusable.
    > > >
    > > > If this goes in, and blacklists the MacBook touchpad too, Macbook
    > > > users will be unhappy. I think the MacBook and the -Pro use the same
    > > > IDs, though, which makes a problem for this patch until appletouch is
    > > > fixed on MacBooks.
    > >
    > > Can you please be a bit more specific on this ? Other sites mention it
    > > works http://bbbart.ulyssis.be/gentoomacbook/ ... what are you missing ?
    > > Sensitivity and such can all be tweaked in xorg.conf ...
    >
    > That's the first I've heard of it working on a vanilla MacBook.
    > I'm glad. I've only heard of failures before, some by people way
    > smarter than me.

    [lots of problems with the appletouch driver]

    OK I am asking this on the mactel-linux list... Lets see if these
    problems are gone and I find some happy mb appletouch user...

    In the worst case this patch could be a config option or will have to be
    kept separate.

    Soeren.
    --
    Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, when you become aware of
    the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.