    SubjectRe: [ck] Re: sound skips on 2.6.18-ck1
    Andreas Mohr wrote:
    > IIRC that VIA on-board off-board on-again thing has still been rearing
    > its ugly head after 2.6.17, with a longish recent discussion on LKML
    > (~3 weeks ago?) where people were annoyed that it still had so many different
    > ways of breaking no matter how hard you tried to find a generic mechanism
    > that successfully applies to all devices out there.
    > As such I'm not surprised in the least that it's still not working for you.

    My most recent patch solves all the known issues to my knowledge.
    However, it is written with very little understanding of the reasons
    behind the quirk. Alan Cox posted some info but having just started a
    real job I haven't had time to go into this stuff in detail.

    I think Greg has queued this patch for 2.6.19 but wouldn't be surprised
    if people object to it...

    Daniel

      Last update: 2006-10-08 19:37    [W:0.035 / U:28.620 seconds]