    SubjectRe: wpa supplicant/ipw3945, ESSID last char missing

    On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Jean Tourrilhes wrote:

    > There was the grand total of *ONE* user who was personally
    > impacted by the userspace API change (the two other, one was hit by a
    > bug, now fixed, one was hit because of kernel API change + external
    > driver). And I immediately proposed to postpone the change to a later
    > time.

    Heh, ok. I'm personally not able to really judge any wireless-extensions
    stuff, so I have to go by how noisy the discussion becomes ;)

    I'll leave this to you guys to sort out, I just did want to pipe up (since
    I was asked to) that as far as _I_ am concerned, user-space interfaces
    really are very important. Whether this is one of the really important
    ones or not, I leave to the people involved to figure out, but I really
    don't want to have developers dismissing the issue.

    (I think some people used to, and I think we've gotten better at it. But
    maybe I'm just being overly optimistic again ;)

    Linus

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:4.446 / U:0.044 seconds]