    SubjectRe: Question on HDLC and raw access to T1/E1 serial streams.
    Lennart Sorensen wrote:
    > On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 09:27:58PM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
    >
    >> I think you might be right. It will take some more experimenting to see
    >> if they allow
    >> enough control to read/write bitstreams (clear channel groups in their
    >> terminology, I believe) while at
    >> the same time keeping the timing slots in order...
    >>

    > Sangoma also makes cards with linux drivers, which I suspect will let
    > you at the low levels if you want to. They certainly support zaptel
    > stuff on their cards. Their hardware is also quite a bit cheaper than
    > farsite's in my experience.

    Sangoma's NICs used to work for me..but it seems their latest drivers
    broke the
    support that I need. I think there aren't too many people interested in
    bit-streaming, so
    the feature probably doesn't get tested that often... If I can get the
    digium hardware to
    work with a particular zaptel.conf, then I can try Sangoma and see if it
    will work when
    configured in that same manner...

    Thanks,
    Ben