SubjectRe: Question on HDLC and raw access to T1/E1 serial streams.
Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 09:27:58PM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
>
>> I think you might be right. It will take some more experimenting to see
>> if they allow
>> enough control to read/write bitstreams (clear channel groups in their
>> terminology, I believe) while at
>> the same time keeping the timing slots in order...
>>

> Sangoma also makes cards with linux drivers, which I suspect will let
> you at the low levels if you want to. They certainly support zaptel
> stuff on their cards. Their hardware is also quite a bit cheaper than
> farsite's in my experience.

Sangoma's NICs used to work for me..but it seems their latest drivers
broke the
support that I need. I think there aren't too many people interested in
bit-streaming, so
the feature probably doesn't get tested that often... If I can get the
digium hardware to
work with a particular zaptel.conf, then I can try Sangoma and see if it
will work when
configured in that same manner...

Thanks,
Ben