    > Subject: Re: 2.6.19-rc3: known unfixed regressions (v3)
    > On Mon, 30 Oct 2006, Jun'ichi Nomura wrote:
    > >
    > > Please revert the patch. I'll fix the wrong error handling.
    > >
    > > I'm not sure reverting the patch solves the ACPI problem
    > > because Michael's kernel seems not having any user of
    > > bd_claim_by_kobject.
    > Yeah, doing a grep does seem to imply that there is no way that those
    > changes could matter.
    > Michael, can you double-check? I think Jun'ichi is right - in your kernel,
    > according to the config posted on bugzilla, I don't think there should be
    > a single caller of bd_claim_by_disk, since CONFIG_MD is disabled.

    I double-checked, and of course you are right - the issues resurfaced after some
    more use, even with the patch reverted. I've written some scripts that do some
    compiles from scratch, and suspend/resume several times. Plan to try bi-secting
    with that and see what that will come up with.

    OTOH, from the discussion it seems just randomly pointing a finger at a patch
    has uncovered some bugs - so maybe we should do this a bit more :)

      Last update: 2006-10-31 22:19    [W:0.030 / U:1.340 seconds]