SubjectCONFIG_USB_USBNET and mii_* (was Re: Linux 2.6.19-rc4)
On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 08:27:17PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Before I forget, I'd like to thank Adrian Bunk for his regressions
> listings, and ask people who are involved with those (both on the blamer
> and blamee sides) to follow them, and keep making sure that we get them
> resolved - if only by reminding people about the issues, and testing that
> things that are claimed to be resolved really are.

In that light, although it's not being counted as a regression, my
report about CONFIG_USB_USBNET stuff starting to make use of mii_* stuff
in 19-rc3, without making SURE it's available is still outstanding,
unfixed, in 19-rc4 (checked just now by untarring a fresh 2.6.18 copy,
applying the rc4 patch, copying in the known-broken .config from rc3,
make oldconfig, then my usual make bzImage && make modules).
I've pootled around 'make menuconfig' as well, 'N' and then re-Y/M'ing
USBNET things and it has no effect on the PHYLIB stuff.

I know patches were flying around in the discussion, have none of them
been shaken down sufficiently for inclusion or has the final patch
simply not been pushed to/seen by Linus yet?

'Ironically' I don't actually _use_ the usbnet stuff, I'd only enabled
it in case my gf pestered me to test her bluetooth dongle for some
reason. Thus I'm only likely to keep tabs on this if I specifically
think to, it won't show up in my normal usage patterns.

-Ath
--
- Athanasius = Athanasius(at)miggy.org / http://www.miggy.org/
Finger athan(at)fysh.org for PGP key

  Last update: 2006-10-31 18:05    [W:0.270 / U:2.816 seconds]