    SubjectRe: [ckrm-tech] [RFC] Resource Management - Infrastructure choices
    Paul M wrote:
    > I've played around with the idea where the hierarchies of resource
    > controller entities was distinct from the hierarchy of process
    > containers.

    It would be nice, me thinks, if the underlying container technology
    didn't really care whether we had one hierarchy or seven. Let the
    users (such as CKRM/RG, cpusets, ...) of this container infrastructure
    determine when and where they need separate hierarchies, and when and
    where they are better off sharing the same hierarchy.

    The question of one or more separate hierarchies is one of those long
    term questions that should be driven by the basic semantics of what we
    are trying to model, not by transient infrastructure expediencies.

    I won't rest till it's the best ...
    Programmer, Linux Scalability
    Paul Jackson <> 1.925.600.0401

      Last update: 2006-10-30 12:19    [W:0.018 / U:63.460 seconds]