    SubjectRe: [ckrm-tech] [RFC] Resource Management - Infrastructure choices
    Paul Jackson wrote:
    > vatsa wrote:
    >> C. Paul Menage's container patches
    >>
    >> Provides a generic heirarchial ...
    >>
    >> Consensus/Debated Points
    >> ------------------------
    >>
    >> Consensus:
    >> - Dont support heirarchy for now
    >
    > Looks like this item can be dropped from the concensus ... ;).

    Agree.

    > I for one would recommend getting the hierarchy right from the
    > beginning.
    >
    > Though I can appreciate that others were trying to "keep it simple"
    > and postpone dealing with such complications. I don't agree.
    >
    > Such stuff as this deeply affects all that sits on it. Get the

    I can share our experience with it.
    Hierarchy support over beancounters was done in one patch.
    This patch altered only three places - charge/uncharge routines,
    beancounter creation/destruction code and BC's /proc entry.
    All the rest code was not modified.

    My point is that a good infrastrucure doesn't care wether
    or not beancounter (group controller) has a parent.

    > basic data shape presented by the kernel-user API right up front.
    > The rest will follow, much easier.
    >
    > Good review of the choices - thanks.

      Last update: 2006-10-30 15:27    [W:0.023 / U:95.484 seconds]