    SubjectRe: wpa supplicant/ipw3945, ESSID last char missing

    Has someone documented somewhere what all of the constraints
    are? I have gathered from various messages that part of the problem
    is that different drivers and different userspace tools have a
    different idea of what the structures are and what various size fields
    mean, and that trying to coordinate changes between the kernel,
    multiple userspace tools, and some very popular out-of-tree drivers
    (some of which have been kept out of the kernel for issues that I
    don't agree with, but which the GPL purists go balistic over), that
    you feel that the problem is over-constrained.

    Is there a document or an e-mail message that in one place
    describes what the current situation is, why it sucks, what the
    changes are, and what eggs are getting broken and why it's better than
    where we are today?

    Thanks, regards,

    - Ted

      Last update: 2006-10-03 15:03    [W:0.032 / U:7.076 seconds]