SubjectRe: Security issues with local filesystem caching
David Howells wrote:

>Jeff V. Merkey <jmerkey@wolfmountaingroup.com> wrote:
>

>>SELinux support addresses all of these issues for B1 level security quite
>>well with mandatory access controls at the fs layers. In fact, it works so
>>well, when enabled you cannot even run apache on top of an FS unless
>>configured properly.
>>

>How? The problem I've got is that the caching code would be creating and
>accessing files and directories with the wrong security context - that of the
>calling process - and not a context suitable for sharing things in the cache
>whilst protecting them from userspace as best we can.

Have it access them as 0.0 (root) when you change the fsuid, etc. and I
think this would satisfy security concerns. I agree that it sounds like
someone needs to instrument MAC layers with this subsystem.

Jeff

>David

  Last update: 2006-10-25 19:55    [W:0.074 / U:0.512 seconds]