    SubjectRe: [openib-general] Ordering between PCI config space writes and MMIO reads?
     > I'm not sure that can work either. The PCI-X spec is very clear, you
    > must wait for a non-posted completion if you care about order. Doing a
    > config read in the driver as a surrogate flush is not good enough in
    > the general case. Like you say, a pci bridge is free to reorder all
    > in flight non-posted operations.

    No, hang on. Nothing can reorder a dependent read to start after a
    write that it depends on, can it? So a config read of PCI_COMMAND
    can't start until the completion of a config write of the same
    register, right?

    - R.

      Last update: 2006-10-25 16:07    [W:0.019 / U:0.848 seconds]