    SubjectRe: Simple script that locks up my box with recent kernels
    On 17/10/06, Jesper Juhl <> wrote:
    > On 17/10/06, Linus Torvalds <> wrote:
    > > and just run the resulting kernel version for a day or two. If an hour
    > > wasn't really good enough, it's not as repeatable as we'd have wished, but
    > > even if it takes a few days to narrow it down by just two bisections or
    > > so, it will cut things down from ten thousand commits to "just" 2500..
    > >
    > Ok, sure. I'll do a days run of 2.6.19-rc2 first, just to see if it's
    > been fixed in the mean time. If it's still there I'll try to get a
    > sysrq+t and post that, then I'll restart bisection and give each
    > kernel a full 24hrs of testing before concluding it is good.
    > I'll report back as soon as I have some results.
    Ok, I've been unable to do any testing for a few days, but today I had
    some spare time and set my box to run my test script while doing some
    other work. It was running latest git at the time of 2.6.19-rc2 + a
    day or two and it locked up after ~20min.
    So we are not so lucky that the problem has been fixed by some of the
    patches that have gone in recently :-(

    Since there was nothing in the system logs and the box was completely
    frozen (not even sysrq worked) I goess I'll have to try and restart
    the bisection.

    Just wanted to report the little data I had. I'll be back with more
    (hopefully soon).

    Jesper Juhl <>
    Don't top-post
    Plain text mails only, please

      Last update: 2006-10-23 22:33    [W:0.022 / U:22.304 seconds]