SubjectRe: Simple script that locks up my box with recent kernels
On 17/10/06, Jesper Juhl <> wrote:
> On 17/10/06, Linus Torvalds <> wrote:
> > and just run the resulting kernel version for a day or two. If an hour
> > wasn't really good enough, it's not as repeatable as we'd have wished, but
> > even if it takes a few days to narrow it down by just two bisections or
> > so, it will cut things down from ten thousand commits to "just" 2500..
> >
> Ok, sure. I'll do a days run of 2.6.19-rc2 first, just to see if it's
> been fixed in the mean time. If it's still there I'll try to get a
> sysrq+t and post that, then I'll restart bisection and give each
> kernel a full 24hrs of testing before concluding it is good.
> I'll report back as soon as I have some results.
Ok, I've been unable to do any testing for a few days, but today I had
some spare time and set my box to run my test script while doing some
other work. It was running latest git at the time of 2.6.19-rc2 + a
day or two and it locked up after ~20min.
So we are not so lucky that the problem has been fixed by some of the
patches that have gone in recently :-(

Since there was nothing in the system logs and the box was completely
frozen (not even sysrq worked) I goess I'll have to try and restart
the bisection.

Just wanted to report the little data I had. I'll be back with more
(hopefully soon).

Jesper Juhl <>
Don't top-post
Plain text mails only, please