    SubjectRe: dealing with excessive includes
    Matthew Wilcox wrote:

    > Let me try to explain the problem again, because what you wrote has
    > nothing to do with the problem.
    > canonicalize_irq() is defined in <asm/irq.h>. No .c file should be
    > including <asm/irq.h> in order to get it. It should be including
    > <linux/interrupt.h>, which will indirectly pull in <asm/irq.h>
    > add_wait_queue() is defined in <linux/wait.h>. .c files wishing to use
    > add_wait_queue() should be including <linux/wait.h> rather than relying
    > on it being pulled in through some other path.
    > This needs annotations to fix, or a big bag of unreliable heuristics.

    Does fixing it really fix anything? I agree that cleaning it all up would
    be great. But the aim should be to make less work for developers, rather
    than more.

    If you have an

    #ifndef _LINUX_INTERRUPT_H
    #error ...

    That almost explicitly tells you which is the correct file to include to
    get all definitions from this file. Wouldn't that help?

    SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.

      Last update: 2006-10-23 03:53    [W:0.020 / U:10.932 seconds]