SubjectRe: Git training wheels for the pimple faced maintainer
 > I've actually been using StGIT up until now. But I've started to feel a
> need for sharing my tree, and StGIT isn't really suited for that.
>
> How have you handled collaborative development on stuff that isn't ready
> for Linus yet? Simply sending patches back and forth?

I don't use StGIT for collaborative development. My StGIT branches
are really just patch queues (as the names for-2.6.19 and for-2.6.20
imply). Usually development is just about done before things wind up
in a maintainer tree, so being able to apply updates to patches
already in my tree is more important than fully automated merged (as
native git gives you).

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans