    SubjectRe: [RFC] cpuset: add interface to isolated cpus
    Paul Jackson wrote:
    > Nick wrote:
    >
    >>Or, another question, how does my patch hijack cpus_allowed? In
    >>what way does it change the semantics of cpus_allowed?
    >

    > It limits load balancing for tasks in cpusets containing
    > a superset of that cpusets cpus.
    >
    > There are always such cpusets - the top cpuset if no other.

    Ah OK, and there is my misunderstanding with cpusets. From the
    documentation it appears as though cpu_exclusive cpusets are
    made in order to do the partitioning thing.

    If you always have other domains overlapping them (regardless
    that it is a parent), then what actual use does cpu_exclusive
    flag have?

    --
    SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.