SubjectRe: [RFC] cpuset: add interface to isolated cpus
Paul Jackson wrote:
> Nick wrote:
>>Or, another question, how does my patch hijack cpus_allowed? In
>>what way does it change the semantics of cpus_allowed?
> It limits load balancing for tasks in cpusets containing
> a superset of that cpusets cpus.
> There are always such cpusets - the top cpuset if no other.

Ah OK, and there is my misunderstanding with cpusets. From the
documentation it appears as though cpu_exclusive cpusets are
made in order to do the partitioning thing.

If you always have other domains overlapping them (regardless
that it is a parent), then what actual use does cpu_exclusive
flag have?

SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.