SubjectRe: [RFC] cpuset: add interface to isolated cpus
On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 01:01:41PM -0700, Paul Jackson wrote:
> Nick wrote:
> > Or, another question, how does my patch hijack cpus_allowed? In
> > what way does it change the semantics of cpus_allowed?
>
> It limits load balancing for tasks in cpusets containing
> a superset of that cpusets cpus.
>
> There are always such cpusets - the top cpuset if no other.

Its just a corner case issue that Nick didn't consider while doing a quick
patch. Nick meant to partition the sched domain at the top
exclusive cpuset and he probably missed the case where root cpuset is marked
as exclusive.

thanks,
suresh

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans