    SubjectRe: 2.6.19-rc2-mm2
    On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 18:54:43 +0200
    Mariusz Kozlowski <m.kozlowski@tuxland.pl> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > > Don't know.   Nothing has changed in the git-pcmcia tree since July.
    > >
    > > Are you able to bisect it, as per
    > > http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/stuff/bisecting-mm-trees.txt ?
    > >
    > > > When running without debug options enabled also these were seen amongst
    > > > dmesg lines:
    > > >
    > > > [drm:radeon_cp_init] *ERROR* radeon_cp_init called without lock held
    > > > [drm:drm_unlock] *ERROR* Process 5131 using kernel context 0
    > >
    > > <googles>
    > >
    > > This? http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/9/10/78
    >
    > I think I found the culprit. It's CONFIG_PCI_MULTITHREAD_PROBE option. It is
    > actually marked as EXPERIMENTAL and there is even a proper warning included
    > on the help page. Disabling it makes the kernel behave the right way. So
    > should what I reported be considered a real error or not? Then the next
    > question is should I report errors caused by options marked as EXPERIMENTAL
    > or just leave it the way it is until the option is not EXPERIMENTAL anymore?

    Ow. Multithreaded probing was probably a bt ambitious, given the current
    status of kernel startup..

    Greg, does it actually speed anything up or anything else good?

    As for what to do about it: tell David ;) I'm not sure that he'll be
    super-motivated about it though.

      Last update: 2006-10-20 19:29    [W:2.755 / U:0.368 seconds]