    SubjectRe: [CFT] Grep to find users of sys_sysctl.

    Russell King <> writes:
    > glibc on ARM _requires_ sys_sysctl for userspace ioperm, inb, outb etc
    > emulation.

    It looks like we have a small but interesting set of sysctl users.

    The list of files below is a composite from a number of systems I have
    access to, and the reply I have gotten so far. I'm still hoping to hear
    from other people so I can add some other users of sysctl to my list.

    I'm still investigating to see how all of these pieces are using
    sysctl, and how much they care:
    - radvd seems to be an upstanding user.
    - libsensors seems to be using sysctls so we have no responsibility to
    maintain the ABI there.
    - libpthread uses sysctl but it doesn't much care.
    - module_upgrade seems to be setting the printk verbosity?

    The nvidia-installer sounds like a scary piece of code.

    I'm puzzled why the majority of the users seem to be concentrated
    in system configuration software and installers.

    Compiling the results I have so far (Some of these are from older distros):

      Last update: 2006-10-20 16:43    [W:0.021 / U:93.764 seconds]