    SubjectRE: Panic from mptspi_dv_renegotiate_work in 2.6.18-mm2
    On Monday, October 02, 2006 2:40 PM, Andrew Morton wrote:

    > Yeah, Bryce@osdl is hitting this. Apparently it can be worked around
    > by compiling the driver as a module.

    What I saw in Bryces trace was the driver was not receiving interrupts
    for
    the first command sent after interrutps were enabled. This was a config
    page
    for spi port pages. Since this command timed out, an internal timeout
    handler was called,
    and we issued an internal host reset. The host reset called each
    driver,
    such as mptspi, mptfc, mptsas, callback handers. That ended with
    as pacin in mptspi, due to we assume ioc->hd to be a valid pointer.
    We don't allocate ioc->hd to well after mpt_attach, which is where the
    config
    page that timed out. We could prevent the panic in mptspi, but that
    doesn't fix the problem why we are not getting interrupts.

    I have a 2.6.18 gold kernel, and that works fine with modules.
    There are no changes in mpt stack since 2.6.18 that would effect
    interrupts.
    Do you know of any changes in kernel effecting interrupts? I suspect
    that
    modules versus linked drivers into kernel would matter, or would it?

    I've been busy with SAS issues today, and not had time to replicat this.

    Eric

      Last update: 2006-10-03 01:25    [W:0.063 / U:0.004 seconds]