SubjectRe: exclusive cpusets broken with cpu hotplug
On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 07:25:48PM -0700, Siddha, Suresh B wrote:
> When ever a cpu hotplug happens, current kernel calls build_sched_domains()
> with cpu_online_map. That will destroy all the domain partitions(done by
> partition_sched_domains()) setup so far by exclusive cpusets.
>
> And its not just cpu hotplug, this happens even if someone changes multi core
> sched power savings policy.
>
> Anyone would like to fix it up? In the presence of cpusets, we basically
> need to traverse all the exclusive sets and setup the sched domains
> accordingly.
>
> If no one does :( then I will do that when I get some time...

Suresh,

I have a patch (though a very old one...) for handling hotplug and cpusets.
However there were some ugly locking issues and nesting of locks that I
ran into and I never got the time to sort them out. Also there didnt
seem to be any users for it and so I had no motivation to further complicate
the cpusets code/sched domains code. However I can dust up the patches if
there is a need

-Dinakar

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans