SubjectRe: BUG: warning at kernel/softirq.c:141/local_bh_enable()
John Philips a écrit :
>> Hum, given your slow cpu, you might revert tx queue
>> length to 2.4.XX level
>> (100 instead of 1000)
> I tried that, it didn't help any.
>> Are you sure you cannot post here :
>> tc -s -d qdisc show dev eth6
> As I said, there are rules in place for every single
> IP in a /22 subnet. It would be over 12000 lines. I
> tried turning off the traffic shaping, it didn't help.
>> You might want to make inet_peer_cache purge faster
>> :
>> echo 1 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/inet_peer_gc_mintime
>> echo 2 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/inet_peer_gc_maxtime
> I tried that as well, unfortunately it didn't help.

This was just to reduce size of the table (and time of the lookups), not to
solve the nic problem at all :)

> It's worth noting that this behavior happens at
> seemingly random times for random amounts of time. It
> also causes the interface to auto-negotiate it's
> settings again. During these periods, ping times to a
> switch plugged directly into eth6 are 4000+ms. When I
> statically set the interface to 100baseT/full duplex
> with mii-tool, ping times to the switch immediately
> return to normal. Unfortunately this fix only lasts a
> few minutes, because the interface hangs up and
> returns to auto-negotiation.
> Also, I know this isn't a problem with my hardware
> since it started happening immediately after I
> upgraded the kernel from 2.4.25.

Yes, I supposed that your hardware was running OK with previous kernels.

Which NIC driver is handling eth6 ?

  Last update: 2006-10-17 21:43    [W:0.038 / U:0.504 seconds]