    SubjectRe: copy_from_user / copy_to_user with no swap space
    >>> No. Your code may be only partially paged into RAM.
    >>> The same can happen for any mmaped data.

    That's what I thought I read. But then my question is: with on-demand
    paging, is it possible to have two processes partially paged? Surely, it
    MUST be the case that any processes with overlapping logical address
    spaces must be paged coherently. So, while on-demand "paging-in" allows
    for partial paging of a process, is it the case that, on a context switch,
    the user-space PTE's are completely erased (so that you get page-faults
    and can then on-demand page them in...)?

      Last update: 2006-10-16 21:49    [W:0.027 / U:165.028 seconds]