    SubjectRe: [sparc64] 2.6.18 unaligned accesses in eth1394
    From
    From: Will Simoneau <simoneau@ele.uri.edu>
    Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:37:26 -0400

    > This will be difficult as the machine in question isn't one I want to
    > reboot too often. The running kernel and modules are compiled with debug
    > info, though; if I send you the relevant .o files will that help?

    The reason I asked for it in the image is because I want to tell gdb
    "x/10i 0xZZZZZ" using the exact program counters in the dumps and get
    exactly the instruction that is faulting.

    That is very difficult with modules since they can get loaded at any
    address, and the gdb listings you provided with those symbol-relative
    addresses were non-sensible, and that's why I can't match the true
    cause up right now.

    So whilst I can try with a module image, you'd have to do things like
    tell me exactly what is the base address of the loaded kernel module
    at the time of the message trigger and other non-trivial stuff like
    that to get me the debugging info I want to fix this.

    Thanks.

      Last update: 2006-10-12 23:37    [W:0.030 / U:32.692 seconds]