    SubjectRe: Why the DOS has many ntfs read and write driver,but the linux can't for a long time
    Date
    Hi,
    On 9 January 2006 15:45, CaT wrote:
    > On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 02:03:46PM +0300, Yaroslav Rastrigin wrote:
    > > Suspend to disk has nasty tendency to ruin my whole hot live X session, since X can't properly restore VT on resume.
    >
    > Not necessarily a solution but have you thought of putting chvt in the
    > suspend/resume sequence? chvt to a terminal before suspending and chvt
    > to X after resume.
    Yes, of course. I've spent countless hours trying to figure solution for this particular problem. Tried generic Linux suspend-to-disk and swsusp2,
    changing terminals before/after suspend, delay sleeps, vbetool and all that fuss and jazz. Looks like race condition somewhere between kernel and X driver.

    > Still, the above might help you until you find someone to throw money
    > at. ;)
    Ahhh. Sweet dream - to be able to offer money to fix extremely annoying bugs or to add missing features.
    Unfortunately, bounties doesn't work :-/

    --
    Managing your Territory since the dawn of times ...