SubjectRe: Why the DOS has many ntfs read and write driver,but the linux can't for a long time
On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 17:14 +0100, Oliver Neukum wrote:
> Am Montag, 9. Januar 2006 17:04 schrieb Lee Revell:

> > > Quicker application startup.
> >
> > Why do you look to the kernel first? The obvious explanation is that
> > Linux desktop apps are more bloated than their Windows counterparts.
>
> It is the most efficient place. An improvement to the kernel will improve
> all starting times.

I think you'll get at most a 10% or 20% speedup by improving the kernel,
while some of these apps (think Nautilus vs Windows Explorer) will need
to be 1000% faster to seem reasonable to a Windows user.

Lee

Lee

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans