SubjectRe: oops pauser. / boot_delayer
On Sat, 7 Jan 2006, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 13:44 -0800, Kurtis D. Rader wrote:

>>> could be handy for those 'I see a few messages that scroll, and the
>>> box instantly reboots' bugs. Quite rare, but they do happen.
>> Another very common situation is a system which fails to boot due to
>> failures to find the root filesystem. This can happen because of device name
>> slippage, root disk not being found, the proper HBA driver isn't present in
> mount by label fixes some of that but not all

there appears to be a limit on how many disks get checked for their label.
I've got one system where I've got 2xraid cards each with 8 drives on them
and then another raid card with my boot disk on it.

depending on how I have the two raid cards the boot disk can be anything
from sdc to sdq, mounting by label works for sdc, but not for sdq.

David Lang

-- C.A.R. Hoare