SubjectRe: 2.6.15-rt2 - repeatable xrun - no good data in trace
On 1/8/06, Jan Engelhardt <> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> I did run across a way that I can create a repeatable xrun on my
> >> AMD64 machine by burning a CD in k3b while Jack is running.
> >> Unfortunately I do not see any good trace data in dmesg when I do it.
> >
> > Maybe your cdrecord is running with realtime priority higher than Jack?
> > Michal
> cdrecord does run with SCHED_RR/99 when started with proper privileges.
Ah, then it's likely that this isn't a real problem and it would be
expected to cause an xrun?

Anyway, it seems strange that the trace doesn't show anything. I
suppose that's because cdrecord just grabs a lot of time at a higher
priority than Jack and Jack ends up not getting serivces at all for

OK, back to the drawing board about debugging my problems!

- Mark