    SubjectRe: 2.6.15-rt2 - repeatable xrun - no good data in trace
    On 1/8/06, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@linux01.gwdg.de> wrote:
    > >> Hi,
    > >> I did run across a way that I can create a repeatable xrun on my
    > >> AMD64 machine by burning a CD in k3b while Jack is running.
    > >> Unfortunately I do not see any good trace data in dmesg when I do it.
    > >
    > > Maybe your cdrecord is running with realtime priority higher than Jack?
    > > Michal
    >
    > cdrecord does run with SCHED_RR/99 when started with proper privileges.

    Ah, then it's likely that this isn't a real problem and it would be
    expected to cause an xrun?

    Anyway, it seems strange that the trace doesn't show anything. I
    suppose that's because cdrecord just grabs a lot of time at a higher
    priority than Jack and Jack ends up not getting serivces at all for
    5-10mS?

    OK, back to the drawing board about debugging my problems!

    thanks!

    - Mark

      Last update: 2006-01-08 23:06    [W:0.044 / U:0.200 seconds]