SubjectRe: robust futex deadlock detection patch
> Robust futexes will have -EDEADLK returned to them since there is no
> POSIX specification for
> robust mutexes, yet, and returning -EDEADLK is more in the spirit of
> robustness.

I disagree. Robustness is only an additional mutex attribute on top of
the mutex type. I.e., there can be robust
normal/error-checking/recursive mutexes. What kind it is can be told to
the kernel at the time the robust mutex is registered with the kernel.

This is the way I'll write up the proposal for robust mutexes for
inclusion in the next POSIX revision.