    SubjectRe: Digital Audio Extraction with ATAPI drives far from perfect
    (please, don't forget to me and

    On Sa, Jan 07, 2006 at 09:44:40 +0400, Brad Campbell wrote:
    > Sebastian wrote:
    > >
    > >Yay, problem solved!
    > >

    > >P.S.: I already reripped the test disc using ide-cd and the
    > >SG_IO-patched cdparanoia and the results are perfect. OMG, I bought Win
    > >XP Home 2 months ago because of this (so I can use Exact Audio Copy). I
    > >guess I can remove XP from my drive now and sell it to some wretched guy :)
    > >Harhar.
    > >
    > >S.
    > Yes, but now we need to find out why one interface fails while another
    > works.. I have the same problem here using cdrdao when ripping entire disk
    > images. I'd love to fix the real issue rather than work around it by having
    > userspace use another interface.
    > I would have thought that both interfaces should return the same data..
    > Brad

    I think cdrdao can use SG_IO if you tell it to. Check their documentation. Or did I misunderstand what you're saying?

    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." (HST)
      Last update: 2006-01-07 19:04    [W:0.021 / U:7.364 seconds]