SubjectRe: Digital Audio Extraction with ATAPI drives far from perfect
Sebastian wrote:

> Yay, problem solved!
>

> P.S.: I already reripped the test disc using ide-cd and the
> SG_IO-patched cdparanoia and the results are perfect. OMG, I bought Win
> XP Home 2 months ago because of this (so I can use Exact Audio Copy). I
> guess I can remove XP from my drive now and sell it to some wretched guy :)
> Harhar.
>
> S.

Yes, but now we need to find out why one interface fails while another works.. I have the same
problem here using cdrdao when ripping entire disk images. I'd love to fix the real issue rather
than work around it by having userspace use another interface.
I would have thought that both interfaces should return the same data..

Brad