SubjectRe: Wish for 2006 to Alan Cox and Jeff Garzik: A functional Driver for PDC202XX

Thanx to everyone.

The Controller Board is fine.

What i noticed is that if you have the controller in a
full PCI Bus Master Slot without IRQ sharing - the Controller works better
than in shared slot.

Generally the first PCI Slot is shared with AGP.
The Second is normaly complet "IRQ share free" and the way to go.

Slot 4/5 is mostly shared (as long you have that many slots).
Slot 3 may be shared with onboard stuff like sound, onboard graphic, usb or others.

The Board is now working without Problems.
What I did is Remove the IDE-Driver from the Kernel and use the Libata Driver,
which now even works with S.M.A.R.T. without Problem.

I removed the UDMA-133 Drive and have now only connected UDMA-100 Drives to the Controller. The UDMA-133 is connected to the Motherboard now.

Mostly Maxtor produced UDMA-133 Drives which are going to fail in half a year anyway ;-(.

Now i use only Seagate Drives which have 5 Years warranty and I never had Problem with them. (too bad maxtor is part of seagate now...I hope they will not fail in their good quality)

Cheers