    SubjectRe: oops pauser. / boot_delayer
    On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

    > Also note that the kernel generates a lot of noise^W text - if now the
    > start scripts from $YOUR_FAVORITE_DISTRO also fill up, I can barely reach
    > the top of the kernel when it says
    > Linux version 2.6.15 ( (gcc version 4.0.2
    > 20050901 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)) #1 Tue Jan 3 09:21:27 CET 2006

    enable a few different types of encryption and you have to enlarge the
    buffer (by quite a bit). the fact that all the encryption tests print
    several lines each out and can't be turned off (short of a quiet boot
    where you loose everything) is one of the more annoying things to me right

    this large boot message issue also slows your boot significantly if you
    have a fast box that has a serial console, it takes a long time to dump
    all that info out the serial port.

    David Lang

    -- C.A.R. Hoare

      Last update: 2006-01-06 02:31    [W:0.023 / U:103.696 seconds]