SubjectRe: oops pauser. / boot_delayer
On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> Also note that the kernel generates a lot of noise^W text - if now the
> start scripts from $YOUR_FAVORITE_DISTRO also fill up, I can barely reach
> the top of the kernel when it says
> Linux version 2.6.15 ( (gcc version 4.0.2
> 20050901 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)) #1 Tue Jan 3 09:21:27 CET 2006

enable a few different types of encryption and you have to enlarge the
buffer (by quite a bit). the fact that all the encryption tests print
several lines each out and can't be turned off (short of a quiet boot
where you loose everything) is one of the more annoying things to me right

this large boot message issue also slows your boot significantly if you
have a fast box that has a serial console, it takes a long time to dump
all that info out the serial port.

David Lang

-- C.A.R. Hoare