SubjectRe: 2.6.15-mm1 - locks solid when starting KDE (EDAC errors)
On 1/6/06, Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org> wrote:

> > > Various people have reported DRM/AGP oopses when starting X. It's probably
> > > that.
> > >
> > > Could you try reverting git-agpgart.patch?
> > >
> > Just did.
>
> Thanks.
>
> > Reverted that one patch, then rebuild/reinstalled the kernel
> > (with the same .config) and booted it - no change. It still locks up
> > in the exact same spot.
> > X starts & runs fine (sort of) since I can play around at the kdm
> > login screen all I want, it's only once I actually login and KDE
> > proper starts that it locks up.
>
> Oh bugger. No serial console/netconsole or such?

Unfortunately no, I currently only have this one machine available.

> Or are you able log in and then quickly do the alt-ctrl-F1 thing, see if we
> get an oops?

I'll try, I'll also try and see if I can get something into logs by
playing with sysrq, but that'll all have to wait until tomorrow
evening, right now I need some sleep - I'll report back.

--
Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@gmail.com>