    SubjectRe: [OT] ALSA userspace API complexity
    Tomasz Kłoczko wrote in his signature:
    > *Ludzie nie mają problemów, tylko sobie sami je stwarzają*
    > Allow me translate sentence from my signature to english
    > "People do not have problems they create them themselves"
    > and ALSA case matches in 100%.

    Look, kloczek, how less problems we cold have by banishing
    all the technology and going back to stone age?

    The complexity is sometimes unavoidable if one tries to
    please as many as possible. But why not userspace library
    that simplifies access to ALSA for those who don't need
    all the ,,complexity''? That pleases both -- those who
    need feauters, and those who only need to pass something
    to speakers. Maybe there are cards that work with OSS and
    not with ALSA, and that may be the reason to keep it just
    for some time. But in the long run I don't think there is
    a need to have two sound systems in kernel just because
    one is complicated and other lacks some features.

      Last update: 2006-01-05 13:51    [W:0.021 / U:2.348 seconds]