SubjectRe: [Patch] es7000 broken without acpi
Date
On Wednesday 04 January 2006 16:05, Protasevich, Natalie wrote:

> The only possible problem I see with that patch is making genapic
> dependant on ACPI, which I'm not sure about (for example, if Summit
> would want that, but nobody commented back then...Andi, what do you
> think?) As for ES7000, it fixes build problem overall, however, maybe it
> would be prudent to make it builldable even without its dependency on
> ACPI, just for correctness sake, meaning properly #ifdef-ing ACPI parts,
> this will make it more versatile (even though I cannot think of
> situation it might be used...Andi, what do you think? :)

I haven't looked at it in detail, but likely it's better to
add the necessary ifdefs to es7000 to compile without ACPI
than making genapic dependent on ACPI. Not that it makes
that much difference in practice, but it would be cleaner this
way.

-Andi

  Last update: 2006-01-04 16:54    [W:1.510 / U:1.304 seconds]