    SubjectRe: CD writing in future Linux try #2 [ was: Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest) ]

    On 1/31/06, Patrick McFarland <> wrote:
    > I formally request that Joerg Schilling be banned from the LKML until he
    > learns how to take bugs in his program seriously. cdrecord has bugs, people
    > hit them, and he won't either fix the bugs, or hand maintainership over to
    > someone who wants to fix them.

    Why bother? You can always do what I do, ignore him. Cdrecord bugs
    don't matter because distributors are smart enough to apply the
    appropiate patches. The Linux bugs Joerg has mentioned don't seem to
    matter to anyone except Joerg himself. You can always help the libburn
    people or fork cdrecord if you don't like it. Please respect the fact
    that Joerg has a different view of things. Even though it doesn't seem
    to be connected to the world the rest of us know, he is entitled to
    it. Perhaps now is a good time to let this thread die? Pretty please?

      Last update: 2006-01-31 09:57    [W:0.029 / U:20.668 seconds]