SubjectRe: 2.6.15-rt16

> <snip>
>
>> CONFIG_LATENCY_TIMING=y
>
> I'm betting this is the same thing I'm seeing. Are you running on a
> uniprocessor x86_64? And if so are you seeing messages similar to the
> following?
>
> init[1]: segfault at ffffffff8010fadc rip ffffffff8010fadc rsp
> 00007fffffdacfc8
>
> If so, then I suspect that you're getting a segfault in ld.so (at least
> that's the furthest I've gotten so far). Something about how the kernel
> sets up the memory map is upsetting dynamically loaded executables. I
> can boot with init=/sbin/sash, but when I try and run a dynamically
> linked program, I get segfaults.
>
> You might try turning off LATENCY_TRACING and see if that allows you to
> boot and run (works for me).
>
> Meanwhile, I'm going to try and pin this down to something better than
> "somewhere in ld.so..."
>
> Clark
> -
> Clark Williams <williams@redhat.com>

hi,
actually i'm running on a dual processor x86_64. with the problem i was
having, i never got far enough to see the message you asked about. Steven
Rostedt's suggestion to turn off NUMA worked and i am now able to boot.
However, if I turn LATENCY_TRACING on, i get an immediate reboot after the
kernel is uncompressed. this doesn't sound like the same problem you're
having, though.
-chris

  Last update: 2006-01-31 18:54    [W:0.066 / U:0.724 seconds]