    SubjectRe: Right way to configure a driver? (sysfs, ioctl, proc, configfs,....)
    Thank you Antonio and Greg
    But I still have one question pending:

    > > 3.- Actually the most difficult config I must do is to pass three
    > > values from userspace to my module. Specifically two integers and a
    > > long (it's an offset to a memory zone I've previously defined)
    > >
    > > struct meminfo {
    > > unsigned int id; /* segment identifier */
    > > unsigned int size; /* size of the memory area */
    > > unsigned long offset; /* offset to the information */
    > > };
    > >
    > > How would you pass this information in sysfs? Three values in the same
    > > file? Note that using three different files wouldn't be atomic, and I
    > > need atomicity.

    I guess I could pass three values on the same file, like this:
    $ echo "5 1000 500" > meminfo

    I know that breaks the sysfs golden-rule, but how can I pass those
    values _atomically_ then? Having three different files wouldn't be
    atomic...

    Regards
    Aritz

      Last update: 2006-01-30 12:25    [W:0.028 / U:0.524 seconds]