    SubjectRe: Exporting which partitions to md-configure
    Kyle Moffett wrote:
    > Well, for an MSDOS partition table, you would look for '253', for a Mac
    > partition table you could look for something like 'Linux_RAID' or
    > similar (just arbitrarily define some name beginning with the Linux_
    > prefix), etc. This means that the partition table type would need to
    > be exposed as well (I don't know if it is already).

    It's not, but perhaps exporting "format" and "type" as distinct
    attributes is the way to go. The policy for which partitions to
    consider would live entirely in kinit that way.

    type would be format-specific; in EFI it's a UUID.

    This, of course, is a bigger change, but it just might be worth it.

      Last update: 2006-01-31 02:49    [W:0.019 / U:48.396 seconds]