Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com> wrote:

> >>Right, but evidently it does not need the kernel to invent numbering.
> >>dev=/dev/hdc works today.
> >

> > Maybe, I will need to enforce to use official libscg device names in future....
>
> To burden users with yet another naming policy?

Well, I am open to have an unbiased discussion that may have any result but
the parties should allow each other to convince by arguments.

The main problem currently is that changes in the Linux kernel did burden
cdrecord users and did not cause real benefit.

The longer this discussion lasts, the more I lose the hope that it may end
in useful results. If you believe that there is still a chance, let us start
with a useful discussion or stop it now.

I am just tired to see that none of the Linux kernel bugs that cause problems
for the cdrecord users have been fixed within the last ~ 3 years. Please
understand that I really could use my time for better things than wasting
it with useless discussions with people that don't even understand the problems.

If you have a proposal that could help, you are welcome. But if there is
no way to have an unbiased discussion, just let os stop now.

Jörg

js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)