SubjectRebuilding Linux kernel
Hi!
I am Heerath BH,studying final year engineering in electronics and
communication. Now I am associated with the project. I am doing the
linux based project. Here i need your Help. I hope you wil do the
needful.

Basically I am trying to rebuild the kernel.I am trying to make two
types of kernel.I am using Redhat 2.4 version on intel x86 machine.
1.Deployment level kernel
2.development level kernel.

Deployment Level kernel:This kernel has to be a Very vanilla kernel. I
mean to say, it wil be having basic kernel services like:preemptive
kernel,memory

management,scheduling&synchronization,sysatem
timers,IPC,Interrupt handling,multitasking.

Here I am facing the problems. Please guide me in this section, if I
want to start from the begining to make the vanilla kernel how wil I
get started with that?

second kernel is pc development kernel,that is adding the config files
to the rebuilded core kernel.

I am trying to make core kernel size as 300kB by including services
which I have mentioned above.Please guide me and Please do the
needful.

Looking forward for you reply.

Regards
Heerath.BH

  Last update: 2006-01-30 08:06    [W:0.046 / U:0.168 seconds]