    SubjectRe: How to map high memory for block io
    Jens Axboe wrote:
    > On Fri, Jan 27 2006, Pierre Ossman wrote:
    >> That would still make things rather difficult since there is no way to
    >> get both maps into joining vaddrs. Is there no way to say "don't cross
    >> page boundaries"? Setting a segment size of PAGE_SIZE still causes
    >> problems when the offset isn't 0.
    >>

    > To be absolutely sure, you can just disallow multiple pages in a bio.

    The only stuff that reaches the MMC drivers is the scatter list. So
    anything that operates on the request queue or any other block layer
    specifics is probably out of the question since it breaks the abstraction.

    Doesn't seem like a generic solution is easily implemented. I'll start
    hacking together some way of specifying that highmem isn't supported so
    that mmc_block can indicate this to the block layer.

    Rgds
    Pierre

      Last update: 2006-01-27 14:20    [W:0.021 / U:0.056 seconds]