    SubjectRe: [patch 3/9] mempool - Make mempools NUMA aware
    On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Matthew Dobson wrote:

    > That seems a bit beyond the scope of what I'd hoped for this patch series,
    > but if an approach like this is believed to be generally useful, it's
    > something I'm more than willing to work on...

    We need this for other issues as well. f.e. to establish memory allocation
    policies for the page cache, tmpfs and various other needs. Look at
    mempolicy.h which defines a subset of what we need. Currently there is no
    way to specify a policy when invoking the page allocator or slab
    allocator. The policy is implicily fetched from the current task structure
    which is not optimal.

      Last update: 2006-01-27 01:42    [W:0.024 / U:59.764 seconds]