>> This sounds like a huge difference, but I don't believe it actually is.
>> Jörg is trying to fight the system rather than stop complaining to users
>> about their using /dev/hd*. The scanning code is there and can be made
>> working with little effort probably.
>
>Talking about /dev/hd* ignore the basic problem. Show me a way how to
>send SCSI commands to a ATAPI tape drive on Linux.

ATAPI tapes writing CDs (or tapes for that amtter). It may seem possible if
the scsi command is the same.
Feels like making tea in a coffee machine, but hey, it's possible,
and sounds like Someone want's to have it. :)

>Please do not forget that libscg is OS _and_ device independent.

If so, how much effort is there in having libscg building an enumeration
out of all (related to cd writing) sysfs drives?

Jan Engelhardt

  Last update: 2006-01-26 19:51    [W:0.186 / U:0.084 seconds]